Players’ enjoyment and technique/skills development is the overriding philosophy for the Junior Cricket section of MTCC.
We want players to begin playing the game with the correct technique. We also want to make sure they get experience of all parts of the games and have equal match time.
Coaching will enable players to learn not only the skills of the game but how to self assess, take responsibility for their own actions and work together in a competitive environment. It will be focussed on the development of technique, skills, communication, teamwork and above all fun, but good behaviour is expected. To be part of the team, players need to want to learn, improve their cricket technique & skills, respect all other players, umpires, the manager and coaches, and have fun! The welfare and well-being of the players is a priority for us. Our coaching goals are to:
* Develop technically correct, skilled, confident and creative players
* Make the game fun to practice and play
* Teach good sportsmanship, teamwork and respect for all
* Value winning but not more than character and performance
* Provide a safe & educational experience
Interested in your child playing for Melbourne? Please email the clubfor more information!